This type of YJACK is designed for close ended piles such as reinforced concrete, spun concrete and steel pipe piles with pile shoes. The steel H-pile is classified as close ended piles.
The YJACK installation process can be summarized as below:
- Drive-in the pilot pile for Engineer to determine the location to assembly YJACK
- Drive-in bottom segment(s) (1 length or few lengths) for YJACK test pile.
- Joint-welded YJACK to the top of bottom segment(s) (1 length or few lengths).
- Lift extension pile at top of YJACK and then joint-welded plus hose and telltales.
- Continue drive-in the pile until set or length.
- Apply load to YJACK (at any wait-time interval, or correlations)